Tuesday, March 13, 2012

10 Small Things


The other day we went to pick up a few groceries and I got caught in the clothing section. Usually I just walk through, look and touch (I am like one of those kids that have to touch everything!) and then go on my way. However I have started to notice my closet is looking sub-par and what I do find makes me feel self conscious. DH noticed that I was lingering longer than usual in the clothing area, so he told me to pick a few new things, even he'd noticed they were needed. Which made me think, if he is noticing my clothing then others are noticing my clothing :s

I didn't go crazy but I did get two outfits worth of clothing and basic essentials. When I got home I did the usual cut off all the tags and wash everything so that I could wear it all right away! The next day when I was putting on my new clothing it all felt so good! It made me feel just that little bit better. While putting on my new socks, it made me think, that I love new socks, which got me thinking about other small things that put a smile on my face.

  • You already know the first one! New socks! I love them don't know what I would do with out them. They make me almost want to strut.
  • If you have new socks you need a good pedicure, your feet will just sing with soft skin and pretty painted toes! I will just stare at my toes when they have a nice design on them. Even my son plays with my toes when they are painted.
  • Pre baby I loved sleeping in, I did it all the time. Post baby I love sleeping in, though it only happens maybe once a month if daddy lets me.
  • Hot showers, not the usual 5 minutes I get now, but the steaming hot 20 minutes that wash away all the worries from a hard day.
  • A good cry your heart out romantic comedy, I always feel so much better afterwards. Toss in a little bit of cookie dough ice cream, and you made my ideal Friday night!
  • A haircut is a great feeling. Right along with strutting with my new socks, I will be tossing my new locks over my shoulders! LOL
  • Dipping food in cheese and chocolate!!! Enough said.
  • Watching my child grow and learn. Everyday he is doing something new and it is wonderful to watch.
  • Whether we are in the truck or at home, just turning up the music and dancing. We do it as a family and sometimes it is just Logan and I, but I love it and it makes everything better.
  • And of course, coming across money in a random coat pocket that I haven't worn in a while.
What is some of your great things?

Your momstown mama

Kandice

1 comment:

  1. A cup of coffee makes me feel really good and would be in my top 10 of favourite things! Great list Kandice!

    ReplyDelete